Katarina Betterton is an adult fiction author. She has a dual degree in Public Relations and Advertising from Rowan University with a minor in New Media. During the day, she’s a digital marketing coordinator (read: web ninja) for a senior living community. She and her husband Lucas live in West Virginia, where Lucas attends West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. They live with their mutt Ledger (who is entirely too cute for his own good).
Get to know Katti:
- She made up her nickname “Katti” in pre-school, when she decided “Kat” was too short and “Katia” was too long.
- Her favorite book is a tie between Pride and Prejudice and ILLUMINAE.
- In 2011 and under the pseudonym “Juliana Johanson,” Katti wrote a personal article for Sparknotes’ blog about her parent’s divorce. Find it here.
- Her current top five favorite anime are (in order): Attack on Titan, Black Clover, Akame Ga Kill!, Re:Zero, and Goblin Slayer.
- She worked at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. She will talk your ear off if you’d like to discuss the parks or any Disney movie.
- She was a competitive figure skater for nine years before switching to tennis in high school and college.
- The first creative writing piece she shared in school was a Rapunzel retelling with Donald Trump imagined as Mother Gothel.
- She’s a Slytherin with Ravenclaw tendencies, an ENFP personality type, and a Type 3 Enneagram.
- Katti loves musicals. She somehow wormed her way into the ensemble of two of her high school’s productions: Suessical the Musical and Willy Wonka. She’s seen Lion King, Aladdin, and Anastasia on Broadway.
What’s Katti up to right now?
- Currently Reading: The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Neil Gaiman)
- Currently Watching: The Big Bang Theory
- Currently Listening To: This Spotify playlist