Katarina Betterton is an adult science fiction author. She has a dual degree in Public Relations and Advertising from Rowan University with a minor in New Media. During the day, she’s a digital marketing coordinator (read: web ninja) for an awesome senior living community. She and her husband Lucas live in West Virginia, where Lucas attends West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. They live with their mutt Ledger, who is entirely too cute for his own good.
Get to know Katarina:
- Her favorite book is a tie between Pride and Prejudice and ILLUMINAE.
- She’s a Slytherin with Ravenclaw tendencies, an ENFP personality type, and a Type 3 Enneagram.
- She worked at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and has an unhealthy obsession with Rapunzel because of it.
- In 2011 and under the pseudonym “Juliana Johanson,” Katarina wrote a personal article for Sparknotes’ blog about her parent’s divorce. Find it here.
- She made up her nickname “Katti” in pre-school, when she decided “Kat” was too short and “Katia” was too long.
- She was a competitive figure skater for nearly nine years before switching to tennis in high school and college.
- The first creative writing piece she shared in school was a Rapunzel retelling with Donald Trump imagined as Mother Gothel.
- Her favorite mixed drink is Malibu and literally any soda.
- Katti is a huge fan of the stage. While not a natural singer, she somehow wormed her way into the ensemble of two of her high school’s musicals: Suessical the Musical and Willy Wonka.
She’s seen Lion King, Aladdin, and Anastasia on Broadway. If asked for her favorite musical, she’ll simply share her Broadway Spotify playlist with you and insist you listen to all 200+ songs because each one is amazing.
What’s Katti up to right now?
- Currently Reading: Circe (Madeline Miller)
- Currently (re)Watching: Psych
- Currently Listening To: This Spotify playlist